Last updated: 8 June, 2021
Niagara Majestic Tours, Inc. (“Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo”) is committed to protecting your privacy and takes reasonable precautions to protect the information it collects.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) is to inform you of the personal information that we may collect from you when visiting or using the Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo website located at https://graylineniagarafalls.com (the “Site”), and how that information may be used and disclosed. By visiting, using and providing information through the Site, you acknowledge the notices in this Statement and consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
2. Collection of your personal information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including personal information, to United States and/or Canada and process it there. By continuing to use this Site and/or providing your information, you consent to such transfer and processing.
A. Personal information you provide
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may collect personal information through the Site when you voluntarily provide it, such as when you complete the “Contact Us” form on the Site or place an order. We collect the personal information to provide you with the information or service that you have requested.
During your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide personal information such as:
- your name;
- e-mail address;
- mailing address;
- telephone number; and
- credit card information
You may choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but this may affect your ability to use certain services provided by Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo or access or use certain sections of the Site.
B. Automatically Gathered Personal Information
(1) Website Visits
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo’s website server automatically collects the following non-personally identifiable information from visitors to the website:
- the web browser and operating system you are using;
- the date and time of the visit;
- the sections of the Site you visit, as well as the pages read and the images viewed;
- certain content that you download from the Site;
- if you were on another website before visiting the Site, the URL (web address) of that previous website, if it referred you to the Site;
- the URL of the first website you visit immediately upon leaving the Site, if you were referred to that website by the Site;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; and
- the IP address of your Internet Service Provider
We do not link any of the above information with information that is personally identifiable to you. We collect this data in an aggregate format for a number of reasons, including to understand the traffic on our website, how it is used, and how we can improve it. For example, the information about our visitors' browsers tells us what kind of browsers we need to support. Other information lets us know how many visitors come to our site and what sections are the most popular. We do not share this aggregate data with third parties.
(2) "Do Not Track" Signals
The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals or other similar technology from users’ browsers.
The Site uses “cookies.” Cookies enable us to personalize your Site experience, and protect the security of the Site, among other things.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your internet browser. Your decision to disable cookies may impair your ability to browse, read, and download information contained on the Site, and Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may be unable to personalize your web experience. However, you may still be able to access Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo services by other methods such as personal contact, telephone, or mail (see Section 8 below).
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Necessary Cookies. We use Necessary Cookies that make the Site operational, such as to permit Site navigation, remember registered users, use shopping carts, make online payments, and improve Site security.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and settings.
- Performance Cookies. We use performance cookies to improve performance of the Site, such as by tracking how visitors use the Site, webpages most visited or error messages from web pages.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to deliver content and advertisement that are relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit how many times you see a particular advertisement. These cookies remember that you visited the Site and this information may be collected by and/or shared with third-party advertising organizations. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
The cookies that we use may be “session cookies” that stay active only during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open an internet browser and ends when that browser window is closed. Some cookies, meanwhile, are “persistent cookies,” that remain active even after your browser session ends until the cookies expire or you delete them. You may enable/disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser.
3. Use of your personal information
Generally, the information we use relates directly to the provision of sightseeing services and the purpose for which you have provided it to Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo, or for a use consistent with that purpose, unless you expressly consent otherwise.
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact and correspond with you regarding the Site, and services offered by Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo including special events;
- to process payments by or to you;to respond to specific requests from you;
- to otherwise administer your relationship with Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo, including contacting you about your orders or order-related matters;
- to process suggestions and comments provided by you;to improve the Site services;
- to administer the Site and to protect the security of the Site when necessary;
- to facilitate such other services and activities as we may identify at the time
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may contact you in different ways to inform you about products or services by mail, e-mail, telephone, or other means to which you have agreed. Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may also use the personal information you provide to send you information about special offers and promotions, news releases, information which may be of interest to you, or other electronic communications. In order to do this, your information may be shared with a third party, for example, a marketing and communications company. These electronic communications will provide you with our contact information and a method to opt-out of receiving further communications from us with each e-mail or other electronic communication we send you. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using one of the contact methods noted in Section 8, below.
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo does not sell your personal information.
We will retain your information only for as long as necessary for business needs and/or to comply with your request and our legal obligations.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may share your personal information:
- With your consent.
- To third parties that we use to provide you with products or services you request to the extent that such information is required to provide such products and services (for example, tour providers and online payment processing companies).
- To third-party advertising organizations who help us deliver online content and advertisement that are relevant to you and your interests. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement request, court order, subpoena, or other legal requirement.
5. Changes to the Privacy Statement
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may occasionally update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a new version of this statement on the Site. Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo’s collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Privacy Statement in effect at that time. We suggest that you review this Privacy Statement periodically.
6. Children's Privacy
This Site is not intended for use by individuals under 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child/Children has/have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
7. Data Privacy Rights for Individuals in the European Economic Area ("EEA") and the United Kingdom ("UK")
If you are visiting this Site from the EEA or the UK, in addition to your right to certain information as set forth in in this Privacy Statement, pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have the following additional rights regarding your personal information that we hold:
- be informed of our intent to transfer your personal information to another country or international organization, the recipients of that information, and where information regarding the applicable privacy safeguards may be obtained;
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information if it is incorrect;
- request that we delete or stop processing your personal information under certain circumstances;
- object to our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances;
- request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, and where our processing is based on your consent, withdraw that consent (which may be done by emailing the address below) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- request that we transmit your personal information either to you or another service provider under certain circumstances (costs may apply); and
- be informed of your right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that we have not complied with applicable laws regulating your personal information (contact information for supervisory authorities may be found at: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en )
The above rights are not absolute, and Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. For more information, or to make a request, please use the contact information noted in Section 8 below.
- The term “personal information” as used in this Statement has the same meaning as set forth in the GDPR.
- Our lawful basis for processing your data is set forth in Section 2 of this Statement. That is, your personal information is used to communicate with you, track Site performance, protect the security of the Site, comply with our legal obligations, provide you with the services and/or products that you requested, and with your consent.
8. How to Contact Us
It is your responsibility to provide any updates to your personal information to Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo. You may request access to your personal information and/or correction of that information by contacting Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo at the contact information noted below. When you contact Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement, including the collection of your personal information, can be directed to the Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo Privacy Officer using any of the following methods:
Mail: Niagara Majestic Tours Inc. One Niagara Welcome Center, 360 Rainbow Blvd, Niagara Falls, NY, 14303, USA
The Site may include links to external websites. Once you leave the Site, this Privacy Statement does not apply. Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo is not responsible for the privacy practices, collection of personal information, or content of external websites.